The USD 457 Books on the Bus and Summer Grab and Go Meals will continue during the month of July. The Bookmobile's last scheduled visit will be held on July 28, 2023.
The sites that the Bookmobile will visit include:
- 10:30 - 11:00 a.m. on Mondays at Mary Street Apartments, 1803 E. Mary Street.
- 10:30 - 11:00 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Victor Ornelas Elementary School, 3401 E. Spruce St.
- 10:30 - 11:00 a.m. on Wednesdays at Trails of Garden City Apartments, 3501 Campus Drive.
- 11:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. on Mondays at Gertrude Walker Elementary School, 805 W. Fair Street.
- 11:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Ayala Park, 216 N. Taylor Ave.
- 11:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. on Wednesdays at Florence Wilson Elementary School, 1709 Labrador Blvd.
- 12:30 - 1:15 p.m. Monday - Thursday at Garden Rapids at the Big Pool, 312 E Finnup Dr.
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on Fridays at the Finney County Library, 605 Walnut Street.
The Summer Grab and Go mobile and school sites for Monday - Thursday include:
- 10:45 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. at Burnside Frontage, 400 Burnside Drive.
- 11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. at Ayala Park, 216 N. Taylor Ave.
- 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. at the Public Swimming Pool, 312 E Finnup Dr.
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. at Horace Good Middle School, 1412 N. Main Street.
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. at Gertrude Walker Elementary School, 805 W. Fair Street.
There are two locations in the community that are Summer Grab and Go meal sites.
The Finney County Library, 605 E. Walnut Street, will provide Grab and Go meals from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Monday – Saturday through the end of July.
The Finney County Health Department, 919 Zerr Road, will provide Grab and Go meals from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Monday – Friday through August 11th.
The Books on the Bus is a traveling bus that brings books to various locations in Garden City during the summer. The goal of B.O.B. is to increase reading skills by getting books into the hands of children.
Summer Grab and Go meals provides free meals to youth 18 and under. Adults may purchase a meal at a cost of $4.00.