Child Nutrition and Wellness

Child Nutrition and Wellness - USD-457Staff   

USD 457 Child Nutrition and Wellness Department is proud serve our students and staff.  The Child Nutrition and Wellness Department participates in the USDA's National School Breakfast Program, National School Lunch Program, After School Snack Program, Summer Feeding Program and Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Program.  We believe healthy meals can be tasty, fun and lead to attentive healthy students. 

The Child Nutrition and Wellness office is located in the Educational Support Center at 1205 Fleming, Garden City Kansas 67846.

Nutrition Office Staff

Title Name Phone Number
Tracy Johnson, RD
Administrative Assistant
 Rita Keim
Purchasing Specialist
 Susana Esquivel
Free and Reduced Specialist
 Norma Montano 620.805.7084
Warehouse Manager
 Mario Mendoza 620.805.7095

Information on the district providing meals to Remote Learners
District To Provide Meals To Remote Learners.pdf

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, it Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)   Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2)   Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3)   Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.