Breakfast: 8:00 AM
School Starts: 8:25 AM
Lunch: 11:00 AM
Dismissal: 3:50 PM
Teaching the 3 R's
E-Eager to Learn
A- Accepts Others
G- Go Where We Belong
L- Listens to Directions
E- Equipment Used Correctly
S- Shows Respect
Mar. 24-Apr.4- March Madness Door Contest
Apr. 8- Papa John's Pizza Night
Apr. 9- Body Venture (Students MUST wear SOCKS to go through Body Venture)
Apr. 14- PTO Meeting-6 pm
Apr. 15- Peachwave Fundraiser 6-10 pm
Apr. 21- NO SCHOOL
Apr. 23- 3rd Grade Earth Day Celebration
May 1- Enrollment for 2014-2015 School Year
May 13- Papa John's Pizza Night
2014-2015 Kindergarten Roundup Screening
NO SCHOOL KINDERGARTEN
THURSDAY, MAY 1ST!!!
Parents need to bring their incoming kindergarten student with them to the enrollment process at the school.
- Kindergarten students must enroll in their neighborhood school, according to school boundaries.
- Children who will attain the age of five on or before August 31, 2014 are eligible to enroll in kindergarten.
- Items necessary for kindergarten enrollment include:
- birth certificate
- an immunization record
- Social Security card
- $25 enrollment fee
FW PTO & Papa John's Fundraiser
Florence Wilson PTO will kick off our first pizza night on Tuesday, February 11th. The Papa John's pizza mascot will arrive as school is dismissing in costume and pass out stickers to students and serves as a visual reminder for parents picking up that afternoon. We have designated the 2nd Tuesday of the Month for our fundraising nights. Teacher's will pass out the Papa John's forms to each student and ask them to fill in our school name and their teacher's name. This information is needed to award the classroom with the highest sales a pizza party. So come on FW students go eat some pizza!!!! We want to thank our parents for their continued support.. This would not be possible without you... Thank you!!!!
Body Venture Coming to our School!
Body Venture is an interactive, educational opportunity for students to learn about nutrition, wellness and the digestive system, The Body Venture will come to FW on April 9th. Each student will take a tour of the huge display of the digestive system. The tour will last approximately 50 minutes with volunteers manning each station. Students MUST wear SOCKS to tour the display!!! As a result of Body Venture the following results are anticipated:
- Schools will use the Body Venture exhibit and its related materials to give children repeated opportunities to practice healthy behavior skills.
- Children will learn about the digestive system by walking through the exhibit.
- Children will remember the exhibit because of the active learning.
- Nutrition, health and physical activity will be linked to help reinforce positive health behaviors and raise the value placed on health.
- Children's eating and health behaviors will improve through learning skills needed to practice lifelong healthy behaviors.
- There will be a greater awareness among parents, school personnel, and community members of the importance of teaching children to practice healthy behaviors.
Florence Wilson now has our own Facebook page. Keep up on the lastest happenings. Like us on Facebook!
Skyler is a web-based program which delivers school messages to you via email or phone. Any messages that need to go out immediately will be sent out thru Skylert.
Box Top Fundraiser
There is an online shopping link to a Box Top Fundraiser. Florence Wilson can earn 15 bonus Box Tops for each persons 1st purchase.
Thank you for your continued support!!!!!!
Picking Up and Dropping Off Procedures
At Florence Wilson safety is taken very seriously. To ensure the safety of our students please follow these guidelines for picking up and dropping off your students. The West parking lot is to be used for teacher parking and buses only. Please do NOT use the WEST parking lot. There is only one handicap parking slot in our parking lot so we ask that you not use it unless you have a handicap sticker. The area next to the bike racks in the west parking lot is a fire line and no one should ever use this area. If you park on the North side of the street your child should walk to the end of the block to the intersection and then cross the street. We will not allow children to walk alone between cars to cross the street. If you are picking up or dropping off please pull as far West so the next car can pull in behind you and can keep the line moving. You must pull over to the curb to drop your child off, DO NOT stop in the street. If everyone follows these guidelines it will be easier to help get children safely to thier rides.
Thank you for your cooperation!
TKI, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd,
3rd & 4th
8:25 - 3:50
© 2014 Garden City Public Schools